[ltp] Overheating again

Bob Hentges linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 06 Jul 2005 10:59:52 +0200

Nicolas Dufresne wrote:
> Hi,

Hi there

<snip>

> Then, I think they can't handle the
> fact that I was able to monitor CPU speed and temperature on both Linux
> and Windows

<snip>

I am sorry to ask an off-topic question, but as I am unable to resolve
my problem...

I have tried to monitor my CPU temperature, and installed as I did it
many times in the past, lm-sensors. However, even before the package was
installed, I got a warning, that if this was an IBM Thinkpad, I shall
ctrl-c right away, as there apparently is a real danger to trash some
part of your notebook, while it scans for sensors (IIRC).

Now, as you seem to have found a way to monitor the CPU temperature on a
IBM Thinkpad, I would be glad to know how you did it, so that I could
check my CPU temperature as well. To give some information on my
platform: I got a T42p running Ubuntu.

Kind regards
--
Bob Hentges a.k.a. maradong