[ltp] Rescue and recovery broken after installing Gentoo

Ignacio Fernández Galván linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 06 Jul 2005 15:58:54 +0200

Ben Jencks, 05-07-2005:

> According to fdisk, there were originally two
> partitions: NTFS and Compaq diagnostics. I deleted the NTFS and put
> linux partitions it its place, but the other partition is still
> there. I'm not sure why I'm seeing this other partition, because I
> thought the recovery area was supposed to be hidden.

Could the second sentence be the problem? Maybe R&R expects to find a FAT
or NTFS partition in hda1 (or somewhere else). I've read it doesn't change
the partitions, but just copies data in it (them).

Renovamos el Correo Yahoo!
Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es