AW: Re: Re: [ltp] T41 Atheros SuSE 9.3 Not working ?

Wed, 6 Jul 2005 16:40:39 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, vngarla@tiscali.de wrote:

> I have a t40p with suse 9.3 and an atheros a/b wlan.
> - Associating with an AP does not work reliably in a noisy environment.
>
> - DHCP does not work at all in a noisy environment.
>
> What helps is setting the Channel with iwconfig (I generally use kinternet
> to scan for aps, pick the one with the highest strength.  I assume you set
> the ESSID explicitly).

I have to say madwifi works impeccably on my T40 with atheros a/b/g
card - I never have problems associating etc.  It's range isn't as
good as the old b-only Cisco card I don't think, but it's pretty
flawless.  Fedora Core 3/4 here, although I wouldn't attribute the
difference to the distro.  I wonder what else can be different?  Does
it work much better in Windows, Vijay?  If not or you can't test, I'd
suggest checking the aerial's ok inside if you haven't?

To the original poster: when you saw "latest" madwifi, it's
understood that with the madwifi project this always means from CVS,
right?  The "latest" released tarball is usually ancient.

Honey