[ltp] Problems with lcd/dvi switching with ibm-acpi

Andrey Kislyuk linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 06 Jul 2005 09:07:08 -0700

Hello,

I'm having problems switching between my LCD and minidock throughput DVI
on an IBM Thinkpad T40 using ibm-acpi. DVI always shows up as disabled,
and commands like "echo dvi_enable > /proc/acpi/ibm/video" are always
ignored (as opposed to commands for switching between LCD and analog
HD15). The system does boot fine using DVI if DVI was the active display
device at boot, but in any case it can't switch back and forth between
LCD/DVI.

This is observed on kernel 2.6.11 and 12 and all recent verisons of
ibm-acpi. I'm sure this isn't anything related to X since it doesn't
work when booting into a rescue CD console, either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-ak