[ltp] Suspend to RAM with R50e

Fri, 8 Jul 2005 14:30:14 +0200 (CEST)

Hello !

> Hello Thinkers,

> I finally got Suspend to RAM working on my R50e (type 1834-NFG, with the
> Intel Graphic Card), here's how:
> [...]

Thanks for the info ! I also have a tp R50e, running centos 4.1
I found no way to get back from sleep with the distrib's kernel, but it
did resume with kernel 2.6.12.2 and the script restoring the pci state.

However, I have the same video garbage problem as you (some areas of the
screen do not refresh), so it is not very usable. Restarting X did not
solve the problem.

My system runs xorg's X xorg-x11-6.8.2-1.EL.13.6 with the following device
 and module sections:
Section "Module"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "fbdevhw"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
        Load  "dri"
EndSection
Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "i810"
        VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName   "Intel 852"
EndSection

And concerning the kernel, I did not use the intelfb module.

> I'm not a kernel hacker, so I don't know how to debug this, but my guess
> is that "cfbcopyarea" module together with "intelfb" (and maybe i830)
> simply doesn't fly.
Neither am I, but as intelfb is not loaded anyway, I do not think that it
is related ???

Best regards,

A. Brenner