[ltp] R51 display resolution

Michael Keyl linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 9 Jul 2005 14:09:55 +0200

On Saturday 09 July 2005 06:15, Takis Diakoumis wrote:
> Hi
>
> i'm trying to configure my display resolution at something greater than
> 1024x768. i have a R51 2887 running debian. the display chip is the
> intel 855GM.
>
> i have checked the ibm website and have found drivers for windows that
> supports upto 2048x1536 and same for the lcd - info is at:
> (http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&ln
>docid=MIGR-58208&velxr-layout=printLenovo)

Are you sure that your _display_ supports more than 1024x768? I don't know
your particular model, but AFAIK 1400x1050 is the maximum which is supported
by R51 models (on the internal display), and this maximal resolution is only
available for the more expensive ones. You might try to get more on an
external monitor, but then you need a dual-head configuration.

Michael