[ltp] poll: how is your battery? (9-cell-battery lost about 25% capacity in 10 months)

Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:36:20 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Fionn Behrens wrote:

> What would you say, is a loss of 25%-30% in 10 months really acceptable
> for a quality battery? What are your own experiences?

I'd tend to agree - my IBM battery experience is certainly worse than
my Dell experience (just about everything else has been better).  My
6-cell T40 battery is I guess about 15 months old:

design capacity:         47520 mWh
last full capacity:      18450 mWh

Lasts about 30 minutes or less now.  I don't see that there's much
you can do except write off IBM as using a poor-quality battery
supplier?  And cost replacements into the running cost of IBM laptops.
I incidentally never bother taking my battery out - the heat from my
CPU/motherboard never seems to reach the battery when I feel for it,
and it always feels quite cool.  Taking it out would seem to me to
really unbalance the laptop.

Must test my 9-cell battery soon.

Honey