[ltp] poll: how is your battery? (9-cell-battery lost about 25% capacity in 10 months)

Christopher Sawtell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:46:38 +1200

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:14, David Tansey wrote:
> how do you test this? i'd like to know what my x40's 8-cell holds.
This out of a R40 which is two years and 5 months old.
chris@imogen chris $ cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/info
present:                 yes
design capacity:         57600 mWh
last full capacity:      37320 mWh
battery technology:      rechargeable
design voltage:          14400 mV
design capacity warning: 1866 mWh
design capacity low:     200 mWh
capacity granularity 1:  1 mWh
capacity granularity 2:  1 mWh
model number:            IBM-02K7054
serial number:             147
battery type:            LION
OEM info:                SANYO
chris@imogen chris $ cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state
present:                 yes
capacity state:          ok
charging state:          charged
present rate:            0 mW
remaining capacity:      37130 mWh
present voltage:         16649 mV

The KLaptop daemon says it is 99% charged.
I get about very approximately 2 - 2:30 hours on battery.
The bios is set for economy, and I have have the cpufreq_ondemand loaded.
ibm-acpi-0.11 is loaded and running.