[ltp] poll: how is your battery? (9-cell-battery lost about 25% capacity in 10 months)

David Tansey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:47:53 +0200

i have 4 days before i have purchased my laptop (purchased it online).
does the warranty for the battery allow you to return it if it has
lost a certain about of capacity within the warranty period?

i know that was true for other laptop's i've owned (not ibm.)=20

i'd love to get a free replacement if i could.

thanks
-david

On 7/11/05, David Tansey <djtansey@gmail.com> wrote:
> figured it out.
>=20
> /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/info has it
>=20
> it says design capacity: 61920
> last full capacity: 40630.
>=20
> i'm only at 75% battery though. i assume that doesn't matter.
>=20
> which is too bad. it's sad that it's lost 1/3 of its capacity since i
> got it ~1 year ago.
>=20
> On 7/11/05, David Tansey <djtansey@gmail.com> wrote:
> > that'd be nice if i had windows... any way to do it in linux?
> >
> > -david
> >
> > On 7/11/05, Kelvin KAN <kelvin@sgi.com> wrote:
> > > We don't "test" the battery capacities.  They are reported by (Window=
s)
> > > Thinkpad Config - Battery Maximizer Wizard.

My