[ltp] [Power management] DynamicClocks

Paul RIVIER linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:12:48 +0200

Ok, so you are sure that ati DynamicClocks works on your laptop ?
Could you tell me how much power do you save this way ?
Here it is about 3 - 4 watts out of 14-15 watts for the whole system
(that means 25% more battery life).
I am running ubuntu 5.04 with it's 2.6.10-i686 kernel. My X11 is xorg
release 6.8.2.
DynamicClocks loads without problem (cat /var/log/xorg | grep
DynamicClocks).
I'm not sure for radeonfb, it may be builtin my kernel, anyway I don't
know how to check if it is in use or not.
Thanx

Paul