[ltp] poll: how is your battery? (9-cell-battery lost about 25% capacity in 10 months)

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 09:42:49 -0400 (EDT)

> so replacement only worked if the battery had zero capacity left?

	No no... Eventually (before the 1 year warrantee on the
battery had expired), the battery would only hold about 2 minutes of
charge. This is why they replaced it.

	After the second year with the second battery, the same thing
happened however... and I called IBM to make sure this wasn't faulty,
and was told that IBM Thinkpad batteries should last about a year
before they need to be replaced. That corresponds with my experience
using two T23 laptops and 4 T23 batteries in about 3-4 years time.

	Plan on replacing your battery roughly every year.

David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com