[ltp] Suspend to RAM with R50e

Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 09:46:02 -0400

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 14:30 +0200, brenner-thinkpad@gymglish.com wrote:

> Thanks for the info ! I also have a tp R50e, running centos 4.1
> I found no way to get back from sleep with the distrib's kernel, but it
> did resume with kernel 2.6.12.2 and the script restoring the pci state.
>
> However, I have the same video garbage problem as you (some areas of the
> screen do not refresh), so it is not very usable. Restarting X did not
> solve the problem.

While I don't have an R50e, I *do* have a laptop with Intel 855GM video,
and I've found that recent CVS versions of xorg play much nicer with
suspend and resume than the xorg 6.8.2 released version.  Not sure if
that'll help, but ...

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/