[ltp] [Power management] DynamicClocks

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:11:24 -0400 (EDT)

> Interesting, My R40 says this:
> /sbin/lspci | grep ATI
> 0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility
> M6 LY

	And here is mine:

# /sbin/lspci | grep ATI
0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M10 NT
[FireGL Mobility T2] (rev 80)

> grep -i Dynamic /var/log/Xorg.0.log
> (**) RADEON(0): Option "DynamicClocks" "On"
> (II) RADEON(0): Dynamic Clock Scaling Enabled

# grep Dynamic XFree86.0.log
(WW) RADEON(0): Option "DynamicClocks" is not used

> Very subjectively, temperature of machine on lap, it seems to be a
> lot cooler when the DynamicClocks are one,

	My T42p doesn't appear to support DynamicClocks ;(

	I've tried the stock ati driver from Debian, as well as a
freshly-compiled version from the Freedesktop project, with the exact
same results.

	Has anyone managed to get it working on a T42p with standard
(non-binary-only) drivers?

David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com