[ltp] Re: [SOLVED] Prism 2.5 MiniPCI Wireless Unstable

Michael B Allen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:59:33 -0400

My Thinkpad T30 "Intel" wireless now works perfectly after switching to the hostap_pci driver and updating the primary and station firmware (pk010101.hex and sf010804.hex respectively) on the MiniPCI card using the WinUpdate program (I dual boot Win2K) as described in the below link.

I re-ran my rsync test and it completed without error at a smooth 550Kbps from two floors up.

Thanks,
Mike

hostap_pci: Registered netdevice wifi0
wifi0: NIC: id=0x8013 v1.0.0
wifi0: PRI: id=0x15 v1.1.1
wifi0: STA: id=0x1f v1.8.4
wifi0: Intersil Prism2.5 PCI: mem=0xf8000000, irq=11