[Hdaps-devel] Re: [ltp] IBM HDAPS Someone interested? (Userspace accelerometer viewer)

Dave Hansen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 09:53:31 -0700

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 15:26 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Llu, 2005-07-11 at 10:42, Paul Sladen wrote:
> >   theta = (N - 512) * 0.5
> >
> > provides a surprisingly good approximation for pitch/roll values in degrees
> > in the range (-90..+90) so I think the sensor can do ~= +/-2.5G .
> >
> >   http://www.paul.sladen.org/thinkpad-r31/aps/accelerometer-screenshot.png (9kB)
>
> Is the quality good enough to use it DEC itsy style as an input device
> for games like Marble madness ?

I was using it as a mouse as I tested interfacing it as an input device.
It could use some fine tuning, but it worked well enough for me to
navigate over to some icons.  Should be fine for games like that.

-- Dave