[ltp] Fan management for thinkpad

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:59:46 +1200

--nextPart3106022.Ur0UY7YQjj

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 02:28, Paul RIVIER wrote:
> Did anybody try it ? Isn't there anybody interested by this feature ?

Patience, Paul.  Some of us spend our days at work.

I am using it now, monitoring the fan via a script I wrote, and the=20
temperature via gkrellm.

I run Gentoo, so I set it to compiling a few packages, and I'm running=20
glxgears at the same time.  Before I began loading the system, the fan=20
switched on and off as expected for the temperatures.

Now while it's loaded, the temperature isn't going above 60C, and the fan i=
s=20
slowly speeding up.

Seems ok.

Cheers,