[ltp] Re: [Power management] DynamicClocks

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 01:21:24 +1000

On 13 Jul 2005, honey@gneek.com wrote:
>>> # grep Dynamic XFree86.0.log
>>> (WW) RADEON(0): Option "DynamicClocks" is not used
>
>> You need to run X.org for this. XFree86 doesn't support this.
>
> Sorry to be dim about this one, but last time I looked (some time
> ago), you needed to hack Xorg to use PowerPlay, and thus I presume
> DynamicClocks.  Can it be used now in standard Xorg?

At least in the experimental packages for Debian/unstable, DynamicClocks
works out of the box on the M7 in my A31p.  That is x.org release 6.8.2,
but may have additional Debian patching to enable PowerPlay support...

Regards
        Daniel
--
To stand still is to lose,