[ltp] Re: poll: how is your battery? (9-cell-battery lost about 25% capacity in 10 months)

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:08:28 -0400 (EDT)

> If you still have the CP partition, boot it and run the battery
> trainer for some hours/days? It gave me an improvement.

 	I just installed the 8-disc recovery set on my T42p, which
installed about 5gb of Windows XP + recovery partition and tools, and
there is no "battery trainer" in any of it. There is the "Battery
Maximizer", which is nothing more than a wizard to configure PM
settings, but it certainly doesn't train or recondition the battery.

 	Where did you find this "CP partition", and "battery trainer"
that you speak of?

David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com