[ltp] Beginner: best starter config

David Tansey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:06:50 +0200

Also, you can request a free CD to be mailed to you, though that will
take a little while.

Do you want to dual-boot with windows? If so, the ubuntu installer
will allow you to resize it.

Try not to be intimidated by the installer. It is actually quite
simple if you just stay calm. The defaults are almost always right.
The only real question is when you're choosing where to install it --
whether to resize windows or wipe the drive and just have ubuntu.

I suggest you go to ubuntulinux.org and ubuntuguide.org and print out
whatever installation instructions they have before you start the
install.

though i am assuming you don't know a lot about linux or are easily
intimidated. If not, accept my apologies. Just working with caution.

-David