[ltp] poll: how is your battery? (9-cell-battery lost about 25% capacity in 10 months)

Carlos Maldonado linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 06:14:20 -0400

Neil Caunt wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> What would you say, is a loss of 25%-30% in 10 months really acceptable
>> for a quality battery? What are your own experiences?
>

> I bought my X20 second hand and I know it to be at least 4 years old.
> I've no idea if the battery was the original supplied with the laptop,
> but it's showing as running at about half of its original capacity.
>
> A full charge will keep it going for anything up to 2 hours until the
> battery reports itself as completely drained, but oddly it will give me
> an extra 40 mins or so before it actually goes. This occurs with both
> APM and ACPI.

if it's a LithION battery you are killing it with complete cycles, they
behave better and last more with short charge cycles

> Is there any way to recalibrate the battery? I've tried running it down
> completely a few times to no avail.

I'm sorry there is no way to do that, you'll eventually need to get a
new one

regards

Carlos