[ltp] poll: how is your battery? (9-cell-battery lost about 25% capacity in 10 months)

Wed, 13 Jul 2005 11:49:55 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, Neil Caunt wrote:

> I do usually use short cycles, but I tried a full discharge a few
> times in the hope that it would help recalibrate.

Yes - that's the only way I know of getting it to recalibrate.
Although there may be some battery geek here who knows better :)

> I suspected as much. I think this one still has a fair bit of life
> left in it, but I'll probably get one off ebay in the not-too-distant
> future. Unless, that is, anyone knows of somewhere else in the UK to
> get batteries at a reasonable price?

I'd like to know too.  There are some cheap ones on Ebay but I always
worry (a) that they aren't really new (there really is no protection
on Ebay - if your "new" battery last an hour, you're stuck, and (b)
shelf-life - batteries deteriorate over time even if not used, in
fact are best stored at 40% charge.  Is the "new" battery you are
buying actually 18 months old and stored in a garage somewhere?