[Hdaps-devel] Re: [ltp] IBM HDAPS Someone interested?(Userspace accelerometer viewer)

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:58:55 +1200

--nextPart3848764.EO8IqLfUCe

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 03:55, Dave Hansen wrote:

> Please follow the coding style that Jesper and I have been working with:
>
>         if () {
>         	foo();
>         } else {
>         	bar();
>         }

In all sincerity, can I ask if this is worth even mentioning?  The compiler=
=20
doesn't care, and there are reformatting tools available to make this look=
=20
like anything you prefer.

I don't ask people to write emails with the font or colors I prefer - my=20
computer renders their emails the way I like to read them.  Similarly, my=20
computer formats code the way I like to read it.

Is your request perhaps a bit old fashioned?  This is a job for a computer.=
=2E.=20
it seems a bit... misaimed to ask people to change their behavior over=20
something that is so trivially in your control...

I'm not intending any unpleasantness in pointing this out.  We don't have a=
ny=20
formatting wars at work - we just push the button on checkout and it looks=
=20
the way we like.  How the unwashed hordes format their code does not concer=
n=20
me... 8-)

And the compiler really doesn't care.

I *am* guilty of pointing out to people that HTML mail screws up mail archi=
ves=20
=2D makes them bigger than needed, and can screw with searches.  But then, =
it=20
does.

Sincerely,
Bret