[ltp] T41p, Dynamic Clocks X.org, Debian unstable

François Fleuret linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:53:03 +0200

Dear all,

Debian unstable now includes x.org packages, I am thus the proud owner
of a T41p with X.org on it. Everything runs smoothly, but I see in the
log:

> (II) RADEON(0): Dynamic Clock Scaling Disabled

while I have in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf

> Section "Device"
>         Identifier  "Videocard0"
>         Driver      "radeon"
>         Option "RenderAccel" "true"
>         Option "AGPMode" "4"
>         Option "AGPFastWrite" "on"
>         Option "DynamicClocks" "true"
>         Option "AllowGLXWithComposite" "true"
> EndSection

Any hint ?

A bit of web-crawling did bring back several explanations (some
options have to be turned on in the kernel ? this option is not yet
supported in the Debian xorg server ? something else?)

Cheers,

--
François Fleuret                              EPFL - CVLAB/LCN