[Hdaps-devel] Re: [ltp] IBM HDAPS Someone interested?(Userspaceaccelerometer viewer)

Carlos Maldonado linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 04:55:12 -0400

Bret Comstock Waldow wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:51, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
>

>>	The job of reviewing code for bugs, clarity, function... is a
>>job for a human, since no computer can do that properly. Is the
>>function valid, but declaring a pointer which is never freed? Is the
>>code using a function which is benign and useless?
>>
>>	Consistent code formatting is a way to help people who read
>>the code to understand it and find issues with it.
>

> You misread my message entirely.
 > .
> .
> .
> Sorry.  I tried to be Politically Correct and sensitive and diplomatic with my
> first message.  I guess I'm just not any good at diplomacy...
>
> Sheesh,
> Bret
> 8-)

this was quite innecessary and rude, a link to one of those scripts,
macros, tools that reformat code would have been enough, even
justfuckinggoogleit.com would have been better, no need to start a flame
on this, formatting for code that is going to be part of the kernel I
can understand, but the flame is useless

the time it took you to write that e-mail, and to me this reply, anyone
could have fixed the code formatting AND sent a reference to a code
reformatting tool, script, plugin, whatever

regards

Carlos (I'm no programmer myself, but it only takes common sense to say
this)