[Hdaps-devel] Re: [ltp] IBM HDAPS Someone interested?(Userspaceaccelerometerviewer)

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 21:33:42 +1200

--nextPart3957266.EbV3sb39Lg

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 20:55, Carlos Maldonado wrote:

> this was quite innecessary and rude, a link to one of those scripts,

Sorry, I thought it was quite funny.  First, he asks people to take the tim=
e=20
to do something he wants, that could be done in a heartbeat by his own=20
computer, then I point it out nicely, then he doesn't read what I wrote,  a=
nd=20
justifies something entirely unrelated.  It's pretty clueless, and I decide=
d=20
to laugh at it.

If I worked with him, and sat down to talk to him about it like that, he'd =
be=20
laughing too.  Well, he joined a community here, as you and I have.  If he'=
s=20
going to tell people what to do, he can accept people telling him what they=
=20
think of what he tells us to do.

You could read this as lighthearted, and it's your choice.  I don't think i=
t's=20
rude, I think it's casual, and familiar - and that's appropriate, 'cause th=
is=20
is a community.

What's rude, if you want to get into that, is telling people to do his work=
=20
for him, when there is absolutely no need for it.  Maybe he doesn't=20
understand what computers are actually capable of?

With people from around the world, from different backgrounds and cultures,=
=20
each of us may have different ways of talking.  I was quite polite - he=20
ignored it.  I told him what I thought of it.

Read what I wrote in the first place, then read his reply.

Cheers,
Bret