[ltp] Alien Forces? Electro-Magnetic fields? My Thinkpad T42 is possessed.

Bill Andrus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:04:21 -0400

I've seen exactly the same problem when bringing a "frozen" Thinkpad into
the house after a week in the trunk in Winter.   Once I saw it wasn't going
anywhere, I pulled out all the removeables, and took off the base covers,
and put the unit in front of a fan gently blowing warm, dry air across it.
I'd even suggest going so far as to remove the keyboard and palm rest (as
long as your model lists them as Customer Replaceable Units).

Bill Andrus
Professional Network Architect, Amateur Fool

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. -
Arthur C. Clarke