[ltp] T42p and open source hardware accelerated OpenGL = SUCCESS

Dax Kelson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:05:05 -0600

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 10:06 +0200, Michael Gaber wrote:
> Ramon Cahenzli wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 07:50 +0200, Frank Fiene wrote:
> >
> >>Could you please mail some links, where you've downloaded these files or
> >>design a web site with all your experiences? But if you've the links, i
> >>can do the web page.
> >

> > Don't forget that this information could go into ThinkWiki, where it hsa
> > a rather good chance of being found and expanded. This might be a good
> > node to start with:
> >
> > http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ATI_Mobility_Radeon_9600
> >
> > I'm sure there are nodes about X configuration in general that might
> > also be a fitting target.
> >
> > Ramon
> >

> yeah, please do that, I'd like a nice HOWTO for doing this.
>
> perhaps you could even try the mesa3d r300.sf.net driver and post your
> results

I did use the r300.sf.net. That was the whole point of my message. :)

Well, that and the fact that it is really easy as you just need to
install 5 files (assuming you already are running Fedora Core v4).
Getting/compiling the 5 files is the trick, but I'll publish binaries
along with directions on how to make them yourself.

Dax Kelson
Guru Labs