[ltp] Beginner: best starter config

Ignacio Fernández Galván linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:59:36 +0200

Davide Eletto, 15-07-2005:

> I do not know why, but very often the O.S. crushes down.
> Could you tell me if you consider more appropriate or convenient for an
> old TP T21 Mandriva vs Mandrake. If so, where can I find Mandriva distro
> for free?

I'm also running Mandriva LE2005 in my R51, and everything I need works OK
(acpi, 3D...). Regarding Mandrake vs Mandriva, Mandriva *is* Mandrake, the
company just changed its name after merging with Conectiva. Mandriva
LE2005 is what would have been Mandrake 10.2, so I clearly recommend this
one over Mandrake 10.0 (newer, better, up-to-date). Mandrake is dead, long
live Mandriva!

Renovamos el Correo Yahoo!
Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es