[ltp] ACPI S3 power drain and Thinkpad Wiki/radeonfb

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 00:56:33 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005, Michael Keyl wrote:

> you can try to add the kernel parameter video=radeonfb:force_sleep . This
> works at least if radeonfb is compiled into the kernel.

Thanks Michael - was just busy trying similar while you posted.  I've
successfully booted with:

vga=normal video=radeonfb:1024x768-32@76:radeon_force_sleep=1

- the last bit implied by the Wiki - and it's passed the test for the
first time.  I also had to remake my initrd with --preload=radeonfb.

But I need 1024x768 on the console - somewhat higher
resolution and the resolution needed for my fbsplash image in
swsusp2/suspend2, and instead got 1400x1050, my native resolution, at
8 bit.  If anyone can shed light on the correct kernel line
format...?  Do you know how to specify resolutions along with the
force parameter, and which of the two force params is correct?
I'll of course google too...