[ltp] Quid of Gnome configure-thinkpad

olivier.paquien linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 11:44:02 +0200

> El jue, 14-07-2005 a las 07:08 +0200, David Tansey escribi=F3:
> > Also can't use it in ubuntu it seems. /dev/thinkpad isn't found. I
> > know there are solutions posted online, but I try not to mess with
> > things like udev by hand. I hope breezy has a fix.
>
> I have installed tpctl, thinkpad-base, ibm-acpi and ibm-acpi-source
> and then have compiled the configure-thinkpad package, and get the
same
> error.
> A GTK window which says /dev/thinkpad not found.
>
> --

What shows the lsmod command? Is there a thinkpad module loaded?
If not try to modprobe it and then /dev/thinkpad should be created.
Maybe thinkpad module is just not autoloaded at boot =0A=0AAcc=E9dez au c=
ourrier =E9lectronique de La Poste : www.laposte.net ; =0A3615 LAPOSTENET=
 (0,34=80/mn) ; t=E9l : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34=80/mn)=0A=0A