[ltp] Display defects on IBM ThinkPad T23

Martin Steigerwald linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 12:25:22 +0200

Am Dienstag 28 Juni 2005 19:00 schrieb Javier (a.k.a AlBundy):
> On 6/27/05, Martin Steigerwald <Martin@lichtvoll.de> wrote:
> > Do I have to open my notebook
> > or is there a list somewhere (well I might search one myself in the
> > deep labyrinth of the IBM webpage universe)?
>
> http://www.pc.ibm.com/qtechinfo/MIGR-39298.html

Hello Javier, Carlos et al,

Javier, Carlos thank you very much for your hints. I got a replacement TFT
from Ebay for 99 EUR. I installed it yesterday according to the *truly
excellent* IBM Hardware Maintenance manual and it works nicely. Was quite
some work cause according to the manual one even has to remove the cpu
fan and refit it afterwards with some cooling gel. I never done that
before, but according to ACPI thermal_zone this worked nicely.

I even pulled the display out of its housing since the back side of that
housing of the used display I bought (completely with housing) was
scratched a bit more than the backside of the housing of my defect
display.

I now have a TFT without those defects I reported. Well there is a very
light darker area thats almost not visible. But probably this is just
some dirt I did not yet manage to clean. Well I hope that this will not
grow into a defect. Well thats the risk. Its a used TFT display I bought.

The original TFT that had this defects then was a SAMSUNG one, the new
used one is an LG/PHILIPS one. It has a IBM P/N that is mentioned in the
hardware maintenance manual and it has been in a T23 as well.

Regards,