[ltp] radeonfb resolutions (was: ACPI S3 power drain and Thinkpad Wiki/radeonfb)

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 12:38:41 +0100 (BST)

Can anyone tell me how the heck to get different console resolutions
with radeonfb?  I feel I've tried everything.

As previously stated, I started with:

> vga=normal video=radeonfb:1024x768-32@76:radeon_force_sleep=1

I've now stripped this down to the point of using only

video=radeonfb:1024x768

and I still only get my native T40 resolution - 1400x1050.  This
won't work for me with swsusp2/fbsplash, and I need to lower it.

I've also tried as mentioned somewhere (googling madly):

video=radeonfb:mode:1024x768

- again no good.  My full grub bootline is currently:

kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12-1.1390_FC4_cubbi4_swsusp2 ro root=/dev/hda9 psmouse.proto=imps netprofile=homewireless acpi=on apm=off nolapic resume2=swap:/dev/hda7 video=radeonfb:1024x768-24@75 quiet

The command modinfo -p radeonfb seems to imply pretty clearly this
should work but it doesn't.  Has anyone managed lower resolutions
with radeonfb?  It's compiled in as a module, but loaded in initrd
with mkinitrd --preload=radeonfb.

Thanks for any help!
Honey