[ltp] ACPI S3 power drain and Thinkpad Wiki/radeonfb

Jeffrey L. Taylor linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 18:20:18 -0500

Quoting honey@gneek.com <honey@gneek.com>:
> On Sat, 16 Jul 2005, Manuel Carro wrote:
>
> >   An alternative option is not to use the S3 state, but to use
> >software suspend.
>
> Sure is, but I'd like (a) my cake and (b) to eat it too please.
> I've been using swsusp2 for a year or so, but recently had real
> problems with file corruption, hopefully in the process of being
> solved.  Matthias Hensler's kernel is a real boon and makes swsusp2
> easy to use, but recent fsck -y's (because there's so many errors!) of
> 30 minutes every now and again are understandably making me reticient.
> Never lost data, but sometimes taken hours to recover it.  See the
> thread on the suspend2-users list for details on the work Matthias
> and the (very helpful) swsusp2 people have put into this so far.

Are you booting into Windows while suspended?  I had file corruption
on both Windows and Linux when doing this.  Not every time, but
frequently.  Since stopping, no problem.  If I need to switch OSes, I
shutdown fully and restart.

HTH,
  Jeffrey