[ltp] /dev/thinkpad missing FC3

Tom Adelstein linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 19:56:05 -0500

Hello all,

I googled my hours away trying to find a solution to a problem running
gnome configure-thinkpad.

I get an error about /dev/thinkpad or /dev/thinkpad/thinkpad missing -
create it.

I think I could write a long text about the thinkpad bios, where it
was manufactured, what people used to do to alias this, which kernel
modules need to be configured, etc.

So, I've learned a lot about my thinkpad.

But, I cannot find out how to create /dev/thinkpad or
/dev/thinkpad/thinkpad so I can run the program.

I have a T21 2647 8au with Pentium III 800, 256MB ram, 20GB HD, DVD, etc.

I would appreciate your help getting this to work.

Cordially,

Tomas