[ltp] trackpoint no longer working

Frank Dekervel|Smartlounge| linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 08:47:07 +0200

hello,

for some time, i was a happy user of stephen evanchik's Trackpoint driver.
Recently i updated my kernel to 2.6.12 (and the patch), and since then, the
trackpoint no longer works. I saw the /proc support was replaced by /sys
support, and scroll emulation was removed.

when i don't compile in the driver, my trackpoint works (but i cannot setup
things). When i compile it in, my trackpoint apparently gets detected, but it
doesn't work.

IBM TrackPoint firmware: 0x0E
input: TrackPoint IBM TrackPoint on synaptics-pt/serio0

in sysfs i find the following (see below)

am i overlooking something, or am i doing something wrong ? somebody got its
trackpoint working with recent 2.6 ?

thanks !
greetings,
frank

root@atlas:/sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio0 # tree
.
|-- bind_mode
|-- bus -> ../../../../bus/serio
|-- description
|-- driver -> ../../../../bus/serio/drivers/psmouse
|-- drvctl
|-- id
|   |-- extra
|   |-- id
|   |-- proto
|   `-- type
|-- power
|   `-- state
|-- rate
|-- resetafter
|-- resolution
`-- serio2
    |-- bind_mode
    |-- bus -> ../../../../../bus/serio
    |-- description
    |-- draghys
    |-- driver -> ../../../../../bus/serio/drivers/psmouse
    |-- drvctl
    |-- ext_dev
    |-- id
    |   |-- extra