[ltp] Help Blank screen after resume

John Shane linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:35:31 +0200

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 12:35:05 +0200
john <john@untest.dyndns.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I've Thinkpad R51 model 2889 and video Intel not radeon.
>
> When I resume after sleep , I've a black screen , i'm test with lilo s3_bios
> but if I used it ,I've the same problem and the thinkpad bug .

Try adding "acpi_sleep=s3_bios" (without the quotes) to your kernel boot
parameters.

If you use grub you can try it out by editing the boot parameters and
adding it and if it works add it to your /boot/grub/menu.lst file.

Also see the document, "How to make ACPI work" (the "Suspend to RAM
(Sleep)" section) on the ThinkPad wiki site for more information.

John