[ltp] ACPI S3 power drain and Thinkpad Wiki/radeonfb

Mon, 18 Jul 2005 10:42:29 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005, Bret Comstock Waldow wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 11:56, honey@gneek.com wrote:
>
>> But I need 1024x768 on the console - somewhat higher
>> resolution and the resolution needed for my fbsplash image in
>> swsusp2/suspend2, and instead got 1400x1050, my native resolution, at
>> 8 bit.  If anyone can shed light on the correct kernel line
>> format...?  Do you know how to specify resolutions along with the
>> force parameter, and which of the two force params is correct?
>> I'll of course google too...
>
> I don't know about the force parameters.  Here is my boot line:
>
> kernel /kernel-2.6.11-rc2_T42_acpi root=/dev/hda5 acpi_sleep=s3_bios
> resume2=swap:/dev/hda6 video=radeonfb:1024x768-16@60
>
> My X is 1400x1050, and the consoles show as 1024.768

Thanks for the suggestion Bret, just tried exactly your parameter -
doesn't work for me, again, the console just flips to native
resolution - 1400x1050.  I've removed any complicating factors such
as the force param for now.  Do you have radeonfb compiled into the
kernel or as a module and in initrd?