[ltp] Re: more /dev/thinkpad

Tom Adelstein linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 07:47:51 -0500

On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 12:31 +0200, Thomas Hood wrote:
> > I've also compiled the modules under thinkpad-source and have tpctl working.
> >
> > I have compiled configure-thinkpad and now it's giving me the no
> > /dev/thinkpad exists.
> >
> > It seems as though it wants a default location.
> >
> > Any thoughts on where to put the module - e.g., /lib/modules/?
>

> Add "thinkpad" to /etc/modules.

Thomas,

Thank you for your reply.

I have added that. It doesn't see the module. I looking for an
alternative to changing the path environment for a single module. I
tried a ln -s but Ubuntu didn't like that.

I found a unresolved bug report on this issue. Several debian users want
to get this resolved but it doesn't appear as a priority.

Also, an issue exists with permissions which I see as fixable
in /etc/udev/permissions.d/50-udev.permissions

I'm just not as familiar with debian as RPM distributions.

In Fedora, the sources set up a directory in /lib/modules called
thinkpad. I may have to reinstall that to see what it did.

Any further thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Tom