[ltp] Re: more /dev/thinkpad

David Tansey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 19:51:32 +0300

Tom,

Hmm. I should have thought of that. I have a lot more devel packages
installed than most.

Here is a list of all the gnome-related dev packages i have installed.
like i said in my last email i have kernel 2.6.10-5

libbonobo2-dev
libbonoboui2-dev
libgconf2-dev
libglade2-dev
libglib2.0-dev
libglade2-dev
libgnome2-dev
libgnomeui2-dev
libgtk2.0-dev

Those are the only relevant ones, I think. the ./autogen.sh script
pointed out whatever ones i was missing.

I'd like to help with whatever howto you write. I suggest putting it on
ubuntu's wiki. I have a couple on there (HoaryBeagleInstallHowto and
HoaryDVDRippingandEncoding). Makes them much easier for people to find.

Anyway, if you writing something up I'll try to test it to make sure it
works in a couple of different configurations (kernels,etc.)

Keep me updated.

-David

P.S. What happened when you typed sudo modprobe thinkpad ? and does
lsmod show module thinkpad?