[ltp] Re: more /dev/thinkpad

David Tansey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 01:27:54 +0300

Tom,

Glad it worked. I can't remember if the permissions issue was a problem
for me. Since it didn't add much value for me since i used ACPI i
uninstalled it all pretty quickly.

And I'm not familiar with udev. Hopefully we can find something that is
nice and standard. If we figure it out, we can ask the package
maintainer to include it.

I'm surprised none of the thinkpad-base files deal with permissions...

btw, worst comes to worse, you can have it in the menu as a gksudo or
gnome-sudo application so it pops up the "enter your root password"
dialog when you click on it.

-david