[ltp] Help Blank screen after resume

John Shane linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:48:23 +0200

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 12:45:26 +0200
john <john@untest.dyndns.org> wrote:

> On lun, 18 jui 2005 at 11:40:30, John Shane wrote:
>
> Yes, this options is for ATI Radeon not for chipset Intel.
> I'm testing and I've the same problem ;(
>
> John
> >
> > Try adding "acpi_sleep=s3_bios" (without the quotes) to your kernel boot
> > parameters.
> >
> > If you use grub you can try it out by editing the boot parameters and
> > adding it and if it works add it to your /boot/grub/menu.lst file.
> >
> > Also see the document, "How to make ACPI work" (the "Suspend to RAM
> > (Sleep)" section) on the ThinkPad wiki site for more information.
> >
> > John
> > --

Hmmm, okay.  Hope you find a solution.  I know how frustrating it is when
the computer doesn't work as it should. I have an X30 with Intel video and
had the blank screen on resume problem.  I added the acpi_sleep=s3_bios
parameter and resume-after-suspend started working correctly.  But then
maybe it was actually something else.  John