[ltp] Help Blank screen after resume

Stephen Evanchik linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:02:34 -0400

On 7/19/05, John Shane <jslists@mtwafrica.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 12:45:26 +0200
> john <john@untest.dyndns.org> wrote:
>=20
> > On lun, 18 jui 2005 at 11:40:30, John Shane wrote:
> >
> > Yes, this options is for ATI Radeon not for chipset Intel.
> > I'm testing and I've the same problem ;(
> >
> > John
> > >
> > > Try adding "acpi_sleep=3Ds3_bios" (without the quotes) to your kernel=
 boot
> > > parameters.
> > >
> > > If you use grub you can try it out by editing the boot parameters and
> > > adding it and if it works add it to your /boot/grub/menu.lst file.
> > >
> > > Also see the document, "How to make ACPI work" (the "Suspend to RAM
> > > (Sleep)" section) on the ThinkPad wiki site for more information.
> > >
> > > John
> > > --
>=20
> Hmmm, okay.  Hope you find a solution.  I know how frustrating it is when
> the computer doesn't work as it should. I have an X30 with Intel video an=
> had the blank screen on resume problem.  I added the acpi_sleep=3Ds3_bios
> parameter and resume-after-suspend started working correctly.  But then
> maybe it was actually something else.  John

Is the screen off or blank? Blank means the screen is all black but
you can see the backlight on around the edges.

Sometimes my T23's display does not turn on after resuming. I usually
press Fn + CRT/LCD 3 times to cycle it back on. I know it sounds silly
but have you tried this?

--=20
Stephen Evanchik
http://stephen.evanchik.com