[ltp] Help Blank screen after resume

David Tansey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:27:58 +0300

To elaborate on the acpi_sleep=s3_bios discussion, here is the relevant
part of my /boot/grub/menu.lst:

# kopt=root=/dev/hda2 ro acpi_sleep=s3_bios

keep the comment #

though, to be honest, my computer seems to be working without it. i
can't explain why. but that saved me before when it wasn't working.

oh... something that once tricked a friend of mine who also has an x40
(and a bad sleep/resume script) -- ctrl-alt-f7 brings you back into X if
you accidentally get stuck with a blinking cursor.

good luck.

-david