[ltp] T43, cpu temperature and control of fan speed

Alejandro Bonilla linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 19:48:34 -0400

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 19:41:43 -0400, Nicolas Dufresne wrote
> Maybe I've got lucky, but for my T42, they fix it for free, and now it run
under 75 C under linux.  What they do is to replace the fans and add thermal
paste.  Note that at fan full speed my cpu didn't cool down ...  it was
staying near 92.

> Le lundi 18 juillet 2005 à 22:32 +0200, Florian Trippel a écrit :
>   brought my tp to my local support centre and they asserted me that a
temperature that high is withing the limits of the pentium m cpu - the exact
upper limit is 94 C. And when it reaches 92 or more it really boosts the fan.

At this point, I'm not willing to buy any T43. I have heard only complaints
about the temperature, which is the most important thing for me. This is
really why I moved from Dell.

Try removing the cpu and sitting it back, then add more thermal (grease)? and
sit the copper heatsink as the best that you can, also make sure you put it
well  and hard back to the mobo.

I would also check if it's really a process that is making the CPU to spike
and make a BIOS update.

.Alejandro