[ltp] Re: big radeon patch (includes lvds+ internal tmds support)

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:57:34 +1000

On 20 Jul 2005, Flavio Visentin wrote:
Florian Dorpmueller wrote:
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> is your patch only for xorg or can I apply it also on xfree 4.3 as
>> provided with debian sarge?
>>
>> Flori
>
> If your PC is not a production station, you can install xorg 6.8.2
> from the unstable (sid) distribution. Of course the unstable distro is
> unstable, so expect something possibly broken.

Rather than doing this, or worse, trying to mix stable and unstable,
take a look at http://backports.org/

They do the hard work of building packages from unstable on stable, and
had an X.org package set last time I checked.

Regards,
        Daniel
--
The cost of error on an internetwork of scientists is bandwidth.
        -- Hettinga's First Law of Internet Error