[ltp] ibm_acpi and modprobe.conf

Wed, 20 Jul 2005 21:58:30 +0100 (BST)

OK - as suggested here, I really like having the added sensors
available in gkrellm >= 2.2.6 (2.2.7 is in Fedora development for any
FC4 users) and installing ibm-acpi 0.11.  Works well, but I need to
add the module with experimental=1 and hotkey=enable,0100.  Instead
of doing this the ugly way by loading manually in rc.local, I thought
I could do this the proper way in modprobe.conf with:

options ibm_acpi hotkey=enable,0100 experimental=1

- I've also tried ibm-acpi (not the underscore), and putting the
options on two separate lines, but the module always loads when first
booted without these options enabled, so the sensors aren't
available - so I have to load it manually.  What's the proper way of
doing this in modprobe.conf?  Or why isn't it working?  I've checked
it's loading the newer ibm-acpi with modinfo, so the old one
integrated in the kernel isn't an issue.

Anyone else specifying ibm-acpi options successfully in
modprobe.conf?