[ltp] ibm_acpi and modprobe.conf

Thu, 21 Jul 2005 01:00:34 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Ben Jencks wrote:

> Does your distro use an initrd? If so, it could be loading the module
> - From there, before modules.conf is accessible. If this is the problem,
> you'd need to either delay loading until after initrd, or get
> modules.conf into the initrd. I don't know which is easier.

Oh, could it be doing this?  Yes, I use an initrd - but had to build
a new one (mkinitrd --preload) to even force radeonfb in there.  I
assumed something as subsidiary as ibm-acpi wouldn't start so
earlier... surely?

Just checked by unpacking the initrd (gzip -dc | cpio -i) - radeonfb.ko
is in /lib (as forced) along with a few other essentials like ext3.ko,
and ibm_acpi.ko's nowhere to be seen.  So I assume it's loaded later.
So should respond to modprobe.conf options?

I mean, I can always remove and reinsert the module in rc.local as I
did before - but it's messy.  And modprobe.conf should work. So it's
annoying me..!