[ltp] cisco-card doesn't automatically associate

Alejandro Bonilla linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 06:41:50 -0600

> Hi,
>
> I have a cisco mini-pci card in my X31 and it works quite
> well with the
> airo kernel-driver. Just there is one problem, it will only
> associate to
> the nearest accesspoint, when i run the cisco-acu utility as
> root. Thats
> annoying and I would like to just load the driver and then
> get connected
> at once. Anybody has an idea?
>
> Regards
> Michael

Michael,

	I have dealt with this conversation in LKML, and they say that this is not
the right way. It should only associate once the users tells it to
associate. The IPW2*00 cards to it this way and associate on boot, but once
they reach kernel inclusion, that little feature will be removed.

	Else, you will have to use profiles for your networks and that way the
daemon will connect the card automatically. Gnome 2.10 does this.

.Alejandro