[ltp] T42p and open source hardware accelerated OpenGL = SUCCESS

Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:58:47 -0400

On 7/21/05, Jens Mayer <mail@jensmayer.de> wrote:
> * On Wednesday 20 July 2005 02:20, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
>=20
> >       I'll report back my results later... so far, very impressive!
>=20
> Just a quick question: Do things like Xorg's composite extension work wit=
> this driver, too? Does the driver support the render extension? I'm askin=
> because one of the main features I miss with the stable open source drive=
rs
> is the decent eyecandy of window-shadows and translucency. ;-)
>=20

you can try the xglx server or xfake on top of the xorg server to play
with fast composite and render.  The radeon will soon have exa support
(the new X accel arch) that will speed up render accel.  there's a
patch floating around, but it's not yet been applied to cvs.

Alex