[ltp] ACPI S3 power drain and Thinkpad Wiki/radeonfb

Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:14:18 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Chris Vanden Berghe wrote:

>> Should just be a matter of testing against your exact model then
>> (dmidecode | grep Product), and if it's not listed in the patch
>> already, adding the force parameter on the command line: mine is now
>> just: video=radeonfb:force_sleep.
>
> With command line you mean boot parameter, right?

Yep.

> How do you pass this option when you 'manually' load the radeonfb module
> (either through modprobe or by listing it in /etc/modules)?  Still as a
> boot parameter?

Clark just answered actually (I thought I'd sent this):
# modprobe radeonfb radeon_force_sleep=1

(you can check available options with modinfo -p radeonfb).

But it'll probably be too late then as vesafb will be occupying its
slot.  It'll load the modules, but you'll see an error in
/var/log/messages.  Well, I did anyway, and it didn't fix the drain
until I loaded radeonfb from boot.